TouchPad - Adjusting the seeding pattern for heat/lane assignments
SwimOffice Admin: TouchPad PC
Seeding screen allows you to first select the seeding patterns for your meet. If you wish to use an unusual seeding pattern you may specify this here.
For example, in an 8 lane pool, swimmers are usually seeded 4,5,3,6,2,7,1,8. However, if you prefer 'split seeding' in an 8 lane pool, you may specify 4,5,2,7,1,8 for a 6 lane pool and this will give you empty lanes between every pair of swimmers.
- Select Seed
- Select View/Edit Seeding Pattern to make any seeding adjustments
- Adjust the numbers in the pool lane column noted in yellow under the column #Lanes
- The numbers at the top represent the lane that assigned to the fastest time. For example under 1 / 6 lane pool your fastest swimmer would go into lane 3 then 4 then 2 and so on.
- You must seed each event AFTER doing your meet entries and BEFORE you can print heat sheets and process results.
- If you need to revert to the standard pattern select 'Revert to Standard Pattern' button
- Confirm your seeding adjustments by going to:
- Heat Sheets
- Select Heat Sheets
- Select any other parameters
- Select Print/Preview