Upload and Link to Documents/Files [Chameleon]
Only Webmasters and above can do this.
Follow these steps to add a file or document link to a page.
New CMS users: Use upload and link to documents instructions instead.
- Go to the desired page.
- Click the Edit link.
- In the editor, type in the text that you want to create a link for, such as, Download Practice Schedule.
- Highlight the text you want linked.
- Click the Link button.
- Click Browse Server to open the CKFinder screen.
- If you have have NOT uploaded the document to the editor follow these steps:
- If desired, select a different file folder on the left.
- Click Upload.
- Navigate to the file on your local hard drive.
- MAKE SURE the file name only has letters, numbers, spaces, hyphens, and the file extension such as .pdf. You will have problems if the file name contains apostrophes or other punctuation.
- The file also needs to be one of our supported file types.
- Click the file and then click Open.
- Double click the newly uploaded file and it will populate the URL field of the Link dialog.
- If you already have uploaded the document to the editor follow these steps:
- If needed, click the folder on the left in which the file resides.
- Double click the desired file and it will populate the URL field of the Link dialog.
- Click Target at the top of the dialog.
- Click the dropdown and select New Window (_blank) to open the document in a new tab or window.
- Click OK and the selected text will be linked to that document or file.
- When finished, click Save Changes.