Can TeamUnify reverse charges unintentionally generated on the 1st?
Admin Level - Financial Admin - Full Access
Short answer: No. You will need to manually correct any unintentional charges.
Once invoices are generated on the 1st all charges become "set in stone" and you cannot reverse them. All you can do is issue credits for the amount billed and refunds for those on auto pay. For any accounts on auto pay you will need to wait until the charges completely process before proceeding with these steps (up to the 5th for credit cards and up to the 15th for ACH transactions).
The Income Transaction Report is helpful to fix all these.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Billing Admin > Invoices & Payments.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Business Tools > Invoices & Payments.
- Click the Inc Trans Rpt tab.
- Set the starting and ending dates to the 1st of this month and do only recurring charges.
- You might find it handy to export the results to Excel.
- Using that to work from, click the Billing Overview tab.
- Select all the accounts that were billed the same amount and chart of accounts.
- Click New Credit button to issue a credit for the amount erroneously billed.
- Repeat steps 7-8 for the remaining amounts and accounts.
- For auto pay accounts you will then need to go into each one and click the [Refund] link to refund the charge. Again, you must wait until the transactions have successfully processed before doing this.
To prevent this in the future, please run the Billing Simulation Report before the 1st. This will show you what people will get charged on the 1st and will allow you to fix any charges you don't want to happen.