SE Payments Enhancements
We’re making three important updates to SE Payments that will improve the way your club receives and handles payouts, and refunds ACH payments. These updates went into effect on Friday, November 1.
Payouts will now debit bank accounts
Currently, when you have more refunds than charges in a day, a payout batch will not be created until there are more charges than refunds—so that a positive dollar amount is deposited into your organization's bank account.
Beginning Friday, November 1, when there are more refunds processed in a day than charges, a payout batch will be created, and this amount will be withdrawn from your organization’s bank account. For example, if you have $100 in charges and $150 in refunds, $50 will be withdrawn from your bank account.
The SE Payouts reporting section will reflect this change and provide you with more accurate data for those times when you have more refunds than charges.
A few items to note:
- If the person who monitors your organization's bank account is not a SuperUser, please inform them of this update.
- With this update, it will be required to set-up the ability to automatically withdraw funds from your bank account should you have a negative balance within SE Payments. If your bank account currently does not allow automatic withdrawals or you are unsure if it does or not, please contact your bank and provide them with this debit authorization code (1800948598) so automatic withdrawals can occur.
- A message will be sent to clubs who currently have a negative balance in their SE Payments account to alert them that money will be withdrawn from their connected bank account when this update is released. This will go to the email address that was used to open the account.
Payouts report being enhanced
The payouts report will now show disputes that were refunded back to a cardholder. This will provide an accurate calculation in the payouts report as to the amount deposited or withdrawn from your bank account when there is a lost dispute.
Learn more >
Refund ACH payments just like credit card payments
You will now be able to refund an ACH payment in the same fashion you can refund a credit card payment.
Learn more >
What do I do if I received an "ACTION REQUIRED: Auto-debit will Occur on Nov 1st" email?
On November 1, if you still have a negative balance within SE Payments, your club’s bank account on file will be auto-debited to ensure the balance within SE Payments is brought back up to $0.00.
If your bank account currently does not allow automatic withdrawals or if you are unsure, please contact your bank as soon as possible and provide them with this debit authorization code (1800948598) so automatic withdrawals can occur.
If you are interested in checking if you have a current negative balance within your SE Payments account, please follow these steps:
- Go to SE Transactions Report
- Find the transactions that say "unsettled" in the Payout column (If there aren’t any transactions say “unsettled” you no longer have a negative balance at this time)
- Set the date range filter to the range of these transactions
- The Total Collect Amount in the top right should show a Negative Amount
If you have any questions regarding the Action Required, please contact your Account Manager.