Communication: Do unverified email addresses and SMS numbers receive messages?
Admin - Email/Print/Calendar
- SwimOffice, OnDeck and MainSet will all email unverified addresses.
- SwimOffice, OnDeck and MainSet only send texts to verified SMS numbers.
- When messaging Members, their parent Account must have a valid email and/or verified SMS.
Users send tens of thousands of messages through SwimOffice, OnDeck and MainSet everyday. When even a small percentage of those messages are sent to incorrect or obsolete addresses, it increases the likelihood of TeamUnify being marked as a spammer or even getting blacklisted by email hosts. Obviously we want to avoid this to ensure as many of your users as possible receive those messages. Therefore we have taken the following steps to maintain our excellent reputation as a sender of mass emails and texts.
- In SwimOffice, OnDeck and MainSet we allow emailing unverified addresses. This is necessary because when an admin or user initially enters (such as through online registration) or changes their email address it's obviously unverified. See how to verify an email address. We also want you to be able to email those who use your Contact Us form, or CC/BCC people not on your team, and those who are not on your team obviously cannot verify their address.
- When emailing login instructions and the user clicks the link to reset their password, it also marks their email address as valid.
- We give users a way to unsubscribe from non-critical team emails.
- Before sending a text in SwimOffice, OnDeck or MainSet, we require the SMS number to be verified first.
- You can directly message OnDeck users using push notifications. They will see the message as a notification on their mobile device, regardless of which app they are in, as long as they are logged in to OnDeck and they have allowed notifications.
We encourage you to request all users on your team to verify their email addresses, cell numbers, and allow notifications from OnDeck.
When messaging Members, there are additional restrictions.
- To ensure admins do not communicate with minors apart from their parents, it will send an email and SMS to both the Account and Member when both have a valid email and/or SMS.
- If the Member does not have an email or verified SMS but the Account does, it will send the message to the Account.
- If the Member has an email or verified SMS but the Account does not, it will NOT send a message to either Account or Member.
- Since Members do not have the ability to login with their email address, push notifications get sent to Accounts only.