Purchasing a new domain name
We recommend purchasing the new domain name(s) at Go Daddy. They are the largest domain website registration company around. Great prices and very stable company.
We recommend that you purchase the domain name with both the .org and .com extensions. You need to verify that the domain names are available. You don’t need to get the .com address if you want to save money but it is a nice way to drive additional traffic to your website. It’s just a general habit of people searching for a website to type the .com not .org. We can forward the .com domain to the .org so it will be a seamless jump and ensure that all potential visitors find you.
The quick purchase instructions are:
- Type the domain name you would like into the “Search for a new domain” field and click GO
- The next page will tell you if the name is available
- Click the Add button for any other ones you want, such as the the .ORG box
- Click the Continue to Registration button
- Fill in the rest of the information and follow the process to completion
- The rest should be self-explanatory
Once you have completed the purchase, please send us your account login information (username and password) to firstname.lastname@example.org.