Events: Restrict meet entry based on amounts due/owed, CC/ACH payment types
Admin Level - Webmaster
You can restrict your accounts from committing their athlete(s) to participating in a meet based on their financials (what they owe and how old their balance is), and/or if they have a credit card or ACH payment type on file. This is a fantastic way to motivate people to keep their balances current and/or add an electronic payment type.
Set as global default
You can set defaults for every new event. We recommend setting these as a best practice so you don't have to remember to enter the requirements every meet.
- Navigate to Billing Setup.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Billing Admin > Billing Setup.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Financial Tools > Billing Setup.
- Scroll down to the Default Financial Requirements for Events section.
- Select what you want the default settings to be for each new event. They are the same as described in the below section.
- Click Save Changes.
- When you add a new event, the settings under FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS will default to the settings you entered in Billing Setup.
If you want to override the default settings for a specific meet, here is how.
- Go to your Events page.
- Chameleon users: Click your Events tab in the top menu, or More... on the home page Events section, then click [Edit] below the desired event or click New Event.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Events & Competition > Team Events, then click the event name and click Edit, or click New Calendar Item > Team Event.
- Make selection(s) under the Financial Requirements section or leave blank to apply no financial restrictions. NOTE: With the first two options, if you select one and then decide to select the other instead, you MUST uncheck the current selection FIRST in order to select the other option.
- Restrict Declaration to accounts with a balance no greater than $x — Enter an amount to allow only those accounts who owe that much or less to register.
- Restrict Declaration to accounts with $0.00 outstanding balance — Allow only those accounts to register who owe nothing, including uninvoiced items from the current month.
- Restrict Declaration to accounts with balance that is no older than — Place a check mark to open up the 30/60/90/91+ days options. To view who these accounts are you can go to Billing Admin > Invoices & Payments, then click Aging Report.
- Restrict Declaration to accounts with Credit Card on file — Only accounts that have a credit card on file can commit to meet (you can check both CC and ACH).
- Restrict Declaration to accounts with ACH on file - Only accounts that have ACH on file can commit to meet (you can check both CC and ACH).
- If this is a new event, fill in the other steps.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes or Save.
If you restrict entry to those with a balance no older than 30 days, here is what that notice looks like.
Notice below how an Account is notified of payment requirements and not allowed to enter the meet, but with a button to add a payment type.
Even if they have a CC or ACH on file but have not selected the 1st or 3rd option below, they will need to click the here button, select one or both options, and then click Save Payment Setup.