Events: Update ev3 events file
Sometimes you will need to reload a meet entry file when the meet host sends an updated ev3 file. Unfortunately if you reload the events file it will erase all the event entries, although it will retain their commitment to attend the meet. We recommend noting which events they're in via the Entry Report (or clone the event), then reimporting the file and using QuickEntries to re-enter the event selections; see below steps.
If you have an extremely large meet with only a few changes to the events file, you may find it easier to let the meet host know the additional selections and have them manually enter the changes in Meet Manager.
First generate the Entry Report. Note that athlete entries must be approved in order to appear on the Entry Report.
- Go to your Events page.
- Chameleon users: Click your Events tab in the top menu, or More... on the home page Events section.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Events & Competition > Team Events.
- Find your desired event and click its Edit Commitment button.
- Click Committed Athletes tab
- Click Entry Report button
- Under Sorting header, change "Sort by" drop down to Athlete Name and check Two Column Format check box
- Click Generate Report Now!
Next re-import the entry file and use QuickEntries to re-enter the athletes.
- Go back to Events Page
- Click [Edit] next to desired event
- Under Step 3 of the Event Edit Screen select the Remove Meet Events file above & re-import radio button
- From here you should be able to Browse your hard drive and select the ev3 or zip file
- Click Save Changes and that event structure will repopulate this event
- Click Edit Commitment under desired event again
- Click the Committed Athletes tab
- From here use the Quick Entries to re-enter athletes into events using the Entry Report you generated in step 6; please watch the Meet Entry Quick Entries video tutorial for more details
Note that TeamUnify's Touchpad software allows for dynamic event file updating by the meet host without teams needing to re-enter the athletes.