Billing: Apply credit card/ACH transaction fee/surcharge automatically
This is available on a team by team basis. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in this feature.
Please note certain laws govern this functionality and they differ from state to state. Please check if surcharging is legal in your state.
To automatically apply the transaction fee and/or the percentage per transaction fee to to each account during the monthly billing do the following.
- Go to Billing Setup.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Billing Admin > Billing Setup.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Financial Tools > Billing Setup.
- Below Setup Automatic Transaction Fee For Auto-Pay enter in the amounts you decide upon as a club into fields as shown in the below example (your amounts may differ).
- If the CC fails you can chose to credit back the percent transaction fee to the account. For instance if your processing charge is $3.30 ($3.00 for the percent transaction fee and $0.30 for the credit card transaction fee), the system would create a credit invoice for the $3.00 in the account so they would have a zero charge. Your team would still incur the $0.30 transaction fee and the account would still be liable for this amount.
- Click Save Changes.
- The invoice line item will look like this (run the Billing Simulation Report to see what fees will look like).
Setup Billing - QuickStart Guide
Allow parents to make on demand credit card payments
Apply surcharge to account in the Online Registration module