Billing: Apply credit card/ACH transaction fee/surcharge automatically
Admin Level - Financial Admin Full Access
This is available on a team by team basis. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in this feature.
Note: Laws that govern this functionality differ from state to state. Learn more about credit or debit card surcharge state statutes.
To automatically apply the transaction fee and/or the percentage per transaction fee to to each account during the monthly billing do the following.
- Go to Billing Setup.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Billing Admin > Billing Setup.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Business Tools > Billing Setup.
- At the bottom below Setup Recurring Auto-Pay Processing Fees For Monthly Billing, enter in the amounts you decide upon into fields.
- Credit Card Transaction Fee and Percent Per Transaction Fee
- ACH Transaction Fee and Percent Per Transaction Fee
- Select the chart of accounts for both.
- Below Setup Account Processing Fees For OnDemand Electronic Payment, enter the same fees for credit cards.
- You can Credit CC Percent Transaction Fee Back To Account if CC Payment Fails by setting that to Yes. For instance if your percent transaction fee is $2.95 and the credit card transaction fee is $0.30, the system would create a credit invoice for the $2.95 in the account so they would have a zero charge. Your team would still incur the $0.30 transaction fee and the account would still be liable for this amount.
- Click Save Changes.