Fundraising System Setup
Admin Level - Financial Admin Full Access or Fundraising Administrator
- Go to Fundraising Obligations.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Billing Admin > Fundraising Admin.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Business Tools > Fundraising Obligations Admin.
- If you don't see this option, it means your fundraising obligations system is not turned on. On the right side of your site please click the blue Need Help? button to contact support and ask them to activate it.
- Click the Fundraising System Setup tab.
- Step 1: Choose how often you want to bill accounts for unmet fundraising obligations defined in Step 3.
- Step 2: Choose in what month it all begins. Suppose you chose September, chose Quarterly in Step 1, and $50 for one-member accounts in Step 3. This means on Sept 1, Dec 1, Mar 1, and June 1 it will charge every account with one member the difference between how much they raised and $50. If they raised $40 between Dec and Feb, it will charge them $10 on March 1st, reset their amount raised to $0, and then they will need to raise another $50 before June. Make sure to run your Billing Simulation Report before the start of each Billing Period to make sure everyone will get charged what you think they should.
- Step 3: Enter how much each account with one member is obligated to raise for the current billing period defined in Step 1, and how much those with two or more members is obligated to raise. For the latter, this means whether they have two members or ten, they will still need to raise the same amount.
- Step 4: If an account raises money above and beyond the amount in Step 3, you can be a "nice guy" and apply a percentage of that overage toward their fees. It will show up as a credit in their billing account. You can either do this at the End of the Fiscal Year (defined in Step 2), or every billing period (defined in Step 1).
- Step 5: Choose the chart of account for invoices created for those who fall short of the obligation.
- Step 6: You can choose a non-admin to administer this fundraising system, or simply choose a Financial Admin if you don't want anyone below that level to do that. Regardless of your choice, all Financial Admins with Full Access will still be able to access this system.
- Click Save Changes when finished.