Billing: Track and show income by Roster Group
SwimOffice Admin - Super User
To show income generated by Roster Group for recurring dues you must create a Chart of Accounts (CoA) for each Roster Group and then attach the Roster Group to their corresponding CoA. Note in our example that the Billing groups are named the same as the Roster Groups.
- Go to Billing Setup.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Billing Admin > Billing Setup.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Financial Tools > Billing Setup.
- Click CoA Setup
- Create CoA for each Roster Group
- Click Add New
- Enter Roster Group name (you may want to be more specific, such as "Dues:Bronze")
- Leave Charge Type as "Normal Charge/Discount"
- Save Changes
- Repeat for each Roster Group
- Go to tab Membership Dues Schedule
- Click Edit Standard Dues Schedule
- Next to each Billing Group/Sub Billing Group select the corresponding Roster Group from CoA drop down (see below screen shot)
- Save Changes
You will now be able to track income by Roster Group starting with the next billing cycle and not retroactively. One report you can use for this is the CoA Summary.
- Go to Invoices & Payments.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Billing Admin > Invoices & Payments.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Financial Tools > Invoices & Payments.
- Click CoA Sum Tab
- Select date range filters
- Click Generate CoA Summary Report
- View your CoA totals for each corresponding Roster Group