Utilize filters to sort data in an Excel file
To utilize filters to sort data in an Excel file,
- Generate the desired Excel report
- Open the report with Excel
- Click on the Data tab
- Click on the column(s) you would like to sort/filter
- Click on either A to Z or the filter button to sort your data depending on what range(s) you would like to see. An A to Z sort will sort data in a ascending order, Z to A descending. Use the filter button to apply filters so only desired data shows.
- For more information about filtering and advanced use see this article: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/filter-data-in-a-range-or-table-HP010342517.aspx?CTT=1