Billing: Allow parents to make on demand credit card payments
Admin Level - Superuser or Financial Admin - Full Access
To allow your accounts to have the ability to make a payment any time, first note that:
- You MUST have credit card functionality implemented on your site.*
- You MUST have your billing system TURNED ON.**
Assuming those are both true please follow the steps below.
- Go to Billing Setup.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Billing Admin > Billing Setup.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Financial Tools > Billing Setup.
- Scroll to the bottom of this page you will see a section called Setup Account Processing Fees For OnDemand Electronic Payment.
- From here you will be able to create the options for the accounts.
- Enable Individual Account Payment — Set to Yes to activate.
- Minimum Payment Amount.
- Enter Amount Per Transaction Fee and Percent Per Transaction Fee — You can do either or both. Please note certain laws govern this functionality and they differ from state to state. Please check if surcharging is legal in your state.
- Chart of Accounts for per Transaction Fee.
- Charge Per Transaction Fee if Payment Fails — A fee gets charged to your team if a payment fails but the percentage does not. If you in turn pass along this fee, it will create an invoice for it in the family's account.
- Hour Delay Between Failed Payments.
To show your parents how to use this feature, send them this link: