Billing: Purpose of Board Members / Coaches FREE Billing Groups
Admin Level - Superuser
When a Billing Group is designated as FREE, no recurring charges will be generated for any members in that Billing Group if the billing system is active (except recurring charges defined at the account level). This includes everything in the Membership Dues Schedule--Standard Dues Schedule (Free Billing Groups are not even displayed there), Additional Per Account Charges, and Additional Per Member Charges.
These Free designators are irrelevant for seasonal/summer teams that do not have their billing system active. All billing activity happens in the online registration system. Free Billing Groups are tied to our billing system which summer teams do not use. If you would like to take this Free designation off and leave as just Board Member or Coach so it doesn’t cause confusion do the following steps:
- Go to Team Profile.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Team Admin > Team Profile.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Business Tools > Team Profile & Settings.
- Click Group Setup tab.
- Click Board Members or Coaches Billing Group to edit
- Change the "Free Membership for this Group?" drop down to No
- Click Save Changes
- Use these Billing Groups for notation only, i.e., to separate them from the athletes