Lessons: Edit an account, reset password or update information/email/SMS
SwimOffice Admin - Super User or Lesson Admin - Full Access
To adjust an account in Lessons, reset password or update email/information, follow these steps.
- Go to Lessons Admin.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Team Admin > Lesson Admin.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Classes & Lessons > Lessons Admin.
- Click the Acnts/Revenue tab.
- Search for an account and click its name (NOT the check box).
- Click Account tab and edit the desired information.
- If you update an email address, then once you click Save it will send an email to that address with a link for them to click which will verify the address.
- See the below steps if you update an SMS number. You will need to be in direct contact with the user when you do this.
- Click Reset Password button to reset it for them.
- Click Email Login Instructions to send those and allow them to reset their password.
- To edit information type in the fields.
- Click Save.
To edit or add an SMS number for texting (continued from the above steps),
- Fill in the cell number in the SMS field.
- Pick the cell Carrier for that phone from the drop down menu.
- Click Save in the upper right and it will send that number a verification text.
- Have the owner of that SMS number check their mobile device for a "Verify your SMS" text from notifications+alias, where alias is your team's alias, and open it. Note that some cell carriers can take awhile to deliver the message.
- When they tap the link they should see one of two possible messages.
- "Success! We have validated your primary SMS." (or "secondary SMS" if that's what you were verifying)
- "Sorry, your primary SMS has already been validated." Sometimes just opening the text will verify the number, resulting in this message.
- If tapping the link doesn't work, have them tell you the four digit code number in the text message.
- If they get the message "Sorry, the code XXXX did not match any codes," continue.
- Click the Unverified button above the SMS number.
- If they got the error in step 7 on your mobile device, click Resend Verification and go back to step 4.
- Enter the four digit code from their text message in the Verification Code field and click Verify.
- You will see Verified in green above the SMS number. You may need to close their profile and reopen it to see this.