Lessons: Refund additional payments
SwimOffice Admin - Super User
When you need to refund a payment made on an additional charge (see below links), you will typically need to issue a credit against the charge, and then refund the payment.
Credit the additional charge
- In the side menu click Team Admin > Lesson Admin.
- Click Acnts/Revenue tab.
- Search for desired Account.
- If you need to see details of the charge, click View link in Charge/Credit column.
- Click the checkbox by their name, then click New Charge/Credit.
- Fill in the fields with Description, CoA, and Charge/Credit Amount.
- Click Save Changes.
Refund the additional charge
- Click View link in Charge/Credit column.
- Click [Refund] under the desired payment.
- You will generally leave the credit card transaction ID or check# alone.
- Note that you can only refund the full amount.
- Once the refund is applied, no further actions can be applied to the charge.
- Click Refund NOW, then OK to confirm.
- If it was a credit card charge and you refunded the charge outside of SwimOffice, such as through your payment gateway, click Manual CC Refund instead.
- You can then optionally send a refund email notification to the account.
Note that, in most cases, if you refund the charge without creating a corresponding credit, the account will be off by the amount of the refund. If you click the same View link, it will show Create CREDIT to balance it out, if necessary under the refund as a reminder, even if you don't need to do it.