Lessons: Create/add multi-class discount
SwimOffice Admin - SuperUser or Lesson Admin FULL
Some programs like giving a discount to students who sign up for multiple classes to encourage greater participation. There are two parts to this.
Part 1: Define discounts
- Go to Lessons Admin.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Team Admin > Lesson Admin.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Classes & Lessons > Lessons Admin.
- Click the Edit button located on the bottom right.
- Under the Discounts section, set the Multi-Classes Discount (Per Reg and Per Student) to YES. This will open the Multi-Classes Discount table.
- First select the Chart of Accounts (CoA) to apply the discount to by clicking the [Pick] link, then clicking the Select button next to the desired CoA.
- Next click the Add button. This will open the Add Multi-Discount dialog.
- You will typically set the From and To values the same, because it splits the discount among all the classes.
- Select whether you want a flat Dollar Amount discount or Percentage discount and enter the value to discount the classes by accordingly.
- Click Ok when finished.
- If you make a mistake or need to change one, you will need to select it with its checkbox, click Remove, then re-Add it again.
- Repeat this procedure to produce a discount schedule based on the number of classes a Student is signing up for. In the example below we applied two discounts. In this case in the second class for a member will get a 10.00 discount and the third will get another $10.00. So if a Member signs up for 3 classes they would get a total discount of $20.00. (See Screen 2)
- Once you have finished entering all your discounts, click Save Changes.
Part 2: Apply discounts to Subprograms
Next you must choose the Subprograms that will participate in these multi-class discounts. This gives you the flexibility to exclude certain classes from being discounted. Any classes that use the selected Subprograms will automatically use the defined discounts when applicable.
- Click the SubProg tab in the lower row of tabs.
- Put a check mark next to the subprogram(s) that will have these charges applied to them.
- Click the Discount Multi-Setup button.
- Click the Multi-Classes Discount drop down and select YES-Participates.
- Click Save Changes.
Note that the discount comes off of the Class Fee (including those set to charge monthly) and NOT the Registration Fee Per Class.
Multi-student/swimmer percentage discount