UK Membership: Hard delete accounts - anonymize data
Admin Level - Superuser
When a user requests their account data to be hard deleted but it has associated financial data, we cannot actually delete it to preserve our database integrity. So to be GDPR compliant, we offer the following tools.
Step 1: Anonymize user's data
- To "delete" an account,
- Chameleon: In the side menu, click Team Admin > Account/Member Admin.
- New CMS: In the side menu, click Team Tools > Accounts.
- To "delete" a member,
- Chameleon: In the side menu, click Team Admin > Account/Member Admin > Members.
- New CMS: In the side menu, click Team Tools > Members.
- Check the box(es) by the account(s) or member(s) you want to anonymize.
- Click Edit > Anonymize and then click OK to confirm.
- For accounts, this will replace all fields except their name for accounts with random characters and change their status to Anonymize. If you click their name, only their name will be recognizable if an account, and all other tabs will be disabled. This allows you to still see their name in billing reports if needed.
- For members, this will replace all fields that had data with either random characters or blanks.
Step 2: Anonymize user's name
If the user wants all traces of their account identity removed from your system, after performing the above steps you can anonymize their name as well.
- Check the box(es) by the account(s) whose names you want to anonymize.
- Click Edit > Anonymize Name and then click OK to confirm. This will replace their name with Anonymized Account and thus all traces of their identity will no longer exist in the system.
View anonymized accounts
- Click Customize Filters.
- Click Account Status or Member Status on the left.
- Click Anonymize on the right, then click other statuses with a checkmark to deselect them, then click Done. You will now see all accounts or members that have been anonymized.
Delete and undelete accounts and members (non-UK teams)