Account login and password isn't working
If they are getting an error that the username or password is incorrect, there are several things you can try.
There could be a duplicate email in another account that’s not active.
- Go to Account Admin.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Team Admin > Account/Member Admin.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Team Tools > Accounts.
- Click Customize Filters.
- Click Member Status and select All of them.
- Click Done or Apply.
- Type your duplicate email address into the search field.
- Click Search
- Once found, you can click the name and change the email to something invalid so that it works in the active account or delete this account if applicable.
There could a space at the beginning or end of the email address.
- Search for the active account and click the name.
- Double click the login email address.
- If you see a space at the beginning or end of the address, delete the space and press Tab.
- Click Save.
Member might be typing their password incorrectly.
- Search for the account.
- Check box next to name.
- Click Communicate > Email Login.
- Member will receive an email with login instructions.
- When they click the link it will allow them to reset their password.
There may be a problem with their cookies.
- Have them go to another website like Google, clear cookies and temp files, close the browser, and try again.
- If it still does not work, this is typically an error in the security settings of the browser. First have them go to their internet tools and set their security settings back to default and try again.
- If this doesn’t work have them try another browser, such as Firefox if they are using Internet Explorer. If this solves the issue then it is a browser issue and they may need to uninstall their browser and reinstall as the easiest fix.
If none of those things work, contact support.
- Click Need Help? on the right side of your site.
- Click Contact Help.
- Let support know what email you are trying to use.