Member login and password isn't working
A member can’t login no matter what we try.
If it is saying the username or password is incorrect, there are several things you can try.
*There could be a duplicate email in another account that’s not active.
- Go to Account Admin.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Team Admin > Account/Member Admin.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Team Tools > Accounts.
- Set Custom Filter to Status and select All of them
- Select Done
- Type your duplicate email address into the search field
- Click Search
- Once found, you can click the name and change the email to something invalid so that it works in the active account or delete this account if applicable
- There could a space at the beginning or end of the email address
- Search for the active account and click the name
- Double click the login email address
- If you see a space at the beginning or end of the address, delete the space and press Return
- Member might be typing their password incorrectly
- Search for the account
- Check box next to name
- Click Email Login
- Member will receive an email with login instructions
- When they click the link it will allow them to reset their password
There may be a problem with their cookies
- Have them go to another website like Google, clear cookies and temp files, close the browser, and try again
Once you have made changes, have them try logging in again. If none of those things work, contact support by doing the following login to your site go to:
For Chameleon users in the side menu click:
- Help & Training Tools
- Contact Support
- Let support know what email you are trying to use
For New CMS users in the side menu click:
- Help & Training
- Contact TeamUnify Support
If there were no errors, this is typically an error in the security settings of the browser. First have them go to their internet tools and set their security settings back to default and try again. If this doesn’t work have them try another browser, such as Firefox if they are using Internet Explorer. If this solves the issue then it is a browser issue and they may need to uninstall their browser and reinstall as the easiest fix.