Membership: Reset password / email password/login email
Admin Level - Superuser
You can send an email to one or many accounts with instructions for logging in to their account and a link to reset their password (Note: This email cannot be edited due to the secure content). When they click the link it will also verify their email address. They do not have to reset their password. If they do click the link, they can set it to the same password it is now.
Important: The link will expire after 72 hours. If they wait longer than that to click it, you will need to send a new login instructions email.
- Go to Account or Member Admin.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Team Admin > Account/Member Admin. Stay on Accounts tab or click Members tab.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Team Tools > Accounts or Team Tools > Members tab.
- Click the box to the left of the column header Last Name to select all, or click check boxes next to desired account(s).
- Click the button Communicate > Email Login and OK to confirm.
- If you want to see what the email looks like first, click Communicate > Login Instructions under Email Preview.
- Alternatively, you can click their account name and click the Email Login Instructions button from within their account. This is useful for helping them set their password after you finish creating a new account.
Note accounts have the ability to reset their own password; see the first article below.