UK Billing: Manually refund credit card transaction
SwimOffice Admin - Super User
UK customers can refund a credit card transaction in SwimOffice using all its built-in tools. If for some reason you ever need to manually issue a refund, you first do so in the SportsEngine interface (step 1) and then enter the details into SwimOffice (step 2).
Step 1: Refund in SportsEngine interface
- Log in to your SportsEngine site.
- Click the Admin gear in the upper left.
- Click Transactions on the left. This will bring up a list of all credit card transactions.
- Click the transaction ID number of the one you want to refund.
- Click Issue Refund.
- If you need to issue a partial refund, change the Refund Amount.
- You can scroll down to enter Notes if desired. These will only be visible to admins and not the customer.
- Click Refund Payment.
- Once it completes, click < PowerPay - Transactions to exit.
- Make note of the refund's transaction ID; you will want to enter it into SwimOffice
Step 2: Manually refund in SwimOffice
To refund a Lessons transaction, follow the steps in Lessons: Manually refund a credit card to a different card or payment method.
To refund a transaction on the swim team side, follow the steps in Refund a Credit Balance when refunding by check. You will enter the transaction ID from the steps above into the Check # field. Note that this is the same process to follow when refunding an online registration; you cannot do it from within the Manage Registration interface.
View credit card transactions
Reconcile credit card activity - Financial Reports