Billing: Refund an ACH payment
Admin Level - Superuser
To refund an ACH payment you need to do two steps. The first is to contact TU Support with your transaction to refund and the second is to record this in your TeamUnify SwimOffice website.
Find ACH ECHECK transaction
- First, you will need to wait until the transaction has gone through, which takes 5-10 business days. Assuming that is the case, proceed.
- Go to SE Payments Transactions.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Billing Admin > SE Payments Transactions.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Business Tools > SE Payments Transactions.
- Change the date range if needed.
- In the Search... field enter the account name.
- Scroll the list horizontally as needed to find the correct transaction. It will say "ECHECK" in the Payment Type column.
- Click the row of the desired transaction.
- At the top below the Credit Card or Bank Account, copy the transaction ID.
- On the right side of your site, click the Need Help? tab.
- Click Contact Help.
- Request an ACH refund with the following details:
- Team name
- Account name
- Date of transaction
- Transaction ID: type or paste the transaction ID you copied.
- Save your transaction ID somewhere to enter into SwimOffice as a reference # - see below.
- Wait to hear from TU Support that they successfully refunded the money before proceeding to the next steps.
Add a New Credit and New Refund Credit Balance
- Go to Invoices & Payments.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Billing Admin > Invoices & Payments.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Business Tools > Invoices & Payments.
- Search for the account.
- Click view in the Acct Balance column.
- Click New Credit on the next screen.
- Fill in the Credit Description field (such as, "Not swimming in March").
- By the Chart of Account field, click Select.
- Click Select by the desired CoA. Best practice is to select the same CoA the invoice was first created against.
- In the Amount to Credit, enter in a negative dollar amount.
- Click Save Credit.
- Click New Refund Credit Balance.
- Click the Payment Type drop down and select -Refund-.
- In the New Refund Amount enter a negative dollar amount (since you will be reducing your monies).
- In the Check # or Reference field, we recommend entering the Transaction ID from the first set of steps above.
- Enter any necessary Message or Memo.
- When finished, click Save New Refund.