Can an Account accidentally create a new account during online registration?
Registration System Duplicate Account Checking ensures that accounts can't accidentally create a new account on TeamUnify during the online registration process.
When an account uses the registration system and enters in an unknown email, the TeamUnify platform will prompt for a new account creation. Once the account tries to create this new account the system will do the following:
- References if the email already exists
- References Last Name with Numeric Street Address
- References Phone Number
If matches exist the system will give the user the following dialogue box shown below where they have the choice of three options:
- Send Login - Their login password will be sent to the referenced email shown
- Contact Us - this will contact the admins that are denoted in the Contact Us Recipients tab.
- Chameleon users: Team Admin > Team Profile > Contact Us Recipients
- New CMS users: Team Tools > Contact Us Recipients
- Proceed Anyway - this selection will continue to create a new account.
Even with all of our error checking, it's possible that the warnings will be ignored and a new account is created. See first article below if this is the case.