Billing: View credit card failures
Admin Level: Super User
There are several ways to view which credit cards failed on the team billing side.
List of transactions in Invoices & Payments
- In the side menu click Billing Admin > Invoices & Payments.
- Set the Account Status filter to Active.
- Set the Fees paid by filter to Credit Card.
- Click Search.
- You will see the Success or Failure status of each credit card in the far right CC/ACH Status column.
- To see details of failures, click the red view link in the Acct Balance column.
- In the PAYMENTS MADE THIS MONTH section, you will see the message returned by the card holder's bank.
- In the side menu click Billing Admin > Reports.
- Click the CreditCard_Processed_Summary-YYYY-MM.pdf report link for the month you want to see its failed transactions in PDF format. The .Sec.pdf reports are for those with secondary bank accounts.
When a failure lists a vague message such as "Issuer Declined," the cardholder will need to contact their bank to find out specifically why it failed. We are only passing along the message.__________
ACH Status - failures and processed amounts
Credit card expiration failure and report
Lessons: Find and fix credit card failures in monthly billing