How do I manually process a credit card for a registration?
Admin Level - Superuser
If a user had a credit card failure during registration, sometimes if they simply try again later the card will go through. We recommend making every effort to have the user successfully complete the process. But if they cannot make it work, they will need to change the payment method to "check" when they register.
If you do not want to offer payment by check to everyone, then allow payment by check and open it just long enough for them to register and then disallow it again. We recommend getting on the phone with them when you do this.
- Go to Registration Admin.
- Chameleon users: In the side menu click Team Admin > Registration Admin.
- New CMS users: In the side menu click Team Tools > Registration Admin.
- Click the active registration name.
- Click Fees Setup tab.
- Under Accepted Payment Method(s), set the Check Accepted dropdown to YES. Make sure your correct name and address are filled out.
- Click Next >>.
- Click Save Changes.
- Have them register.
- Go through steps 1-6 again, this time setting Check Accepted back to NO.